Poly Foam - What is it?
Poly foam, also known as polyurethane foam or polyfoam, is a type of foam material that is widely used in various applications. It is a synthetic foam produced by mixing and reacting different compounds, to create a foam with specific properties. There are many types of poly foam, or polyurethane foam, that are used for many different applications. Here are some key properties of poly foam used for concrete leveling:
- Lightweight: Poly foam is known for its lightweight nature. This makes it a great product for areas with loose soils and applications where adding additional weight might not be desired.
- Eco-Friendly: At Detroit Concrete Leveling, we use eco-friendly polyurethane foam that does not leach chemicals into the earth. It is made in the USA from 40% recycled materials. Our foam has the lowest carbon footprint of any other poly foam on the market.
- Compression resistance: Poly foam can withstand compression forces without losing its shape or structure. This provides long-lasting support for your concrete slabs.
- Varying densities: Poly foam is available in different densities, ranging from low-density to high-density foam. The density affects the compression strength, allowing it to be tailored to the project. Most low-density foams are perfect for residential applications, such as walkways and driveways. High-density foams are used for industrial and commercial applications, such as highways and airports.
- Durability: Poly foam is known for its durability and long lifespan. It can withstand regular use and retain its properties over time, making it a reliable material for various applications.
- Water resistance: Poly foam has inherent water resistance, which helps prevent water absorption and moisture buildup. This property contributes to its durability and suitability for applications that involve exposure to moisture or humid environments. There are also specialized foams that can be used to displace standing water, where necessary.
The process of using poly foam for concrete leveling typically involves the following steps:
- Assessment: A professional concrete leveling contractor assesses the area to determine the extent of the problem and identify any voids or gaps beneath the concrete surface.
- Drilling: Small holes are drilled into the affected concrete slab at strategic locations.
- Injection: A two-component polyurethane foam is injected through the drilled holes into the voids beneath the concrete. The foam mixture combines and expands, filling the empty spaces.
- Expansion and leveling: As the foam expands, it exerts pressure on the surrounding areas, gently lifting the concrete slab to its desired height and level. The process is carefully monitored to achieve precise and even lifting.
- Patching and cleanup: Once the concrete has been lifted and leveled, the drilled holes are patched and any excess foam is trimmed off. The repaired area is then ready for use.
Poly foam concrete leveling offers several advantages over traditional methods like mudjacking or concrete replacement:
- Lightweight and non-intrusive: Polyurethane foam is lightweight, which reduces the stress on the underlying soil. It also requires smaller injection holes, minimizing disruption to the surrounding area.
- Quick and efficient: Poly foam expands rapidly, allowing for efficient lifting and leveling of concrete surfaces. The process is usually completed within hours, minimizing downtime.
- Precise and adjustable: The foam’s expansion can be controlled, allowing contractors to achieve precise and adjustable lifting heights. This enables them to achieve accurate leveling and eliminate tripping hazards.
- Long-lasting results: Polyurethane foam is resistant to moisture, chemicals, and soil erosion. Once the foam cures, it provides a stable and durable support system for the concrete, helping to prevent future settlement issues.
Why Choose Detroit Concrete Leveling For Your PolyFoam or DeepFoamjection project?
Contact Detroit Concrete Leveling for your poly foam leveling project. When selecting a contractor for your project, it’s important to conduct research, read reviews, and obtain multiple quotes to make an informed decision. Here are some reasons to go with us for all concrete repair needs.
- Expertise and experience: Professional concrete leveling companies typically have extensive knowledge and experience in using poly foam to lift and level concrete surfaces. They understand the intricacies of the process and can accurately assess the situation, determine the appropriate foam density, and ensure precise and even lifting.
- Quality equipment and materials: Reputable contractors are equipped with specialized tools and equipment designed for poly foam leveling. They use high-quality polyurethane foam materials that are specifically formulated for the task, ensuring optimal results and long-lasting repairs.
- Efficient and timely service: Professional contractors have the expertise and resources to complete the project efficiently and within a reasonable time-frame. They can quickly assess the situation, plan and execute the necessary steps, and minimize disruptions to your property.
- Accurate leveling and precise adjustments: Professionals can achieve accurate leveling and make precise adjustments to meet your specific requirements. They have the knowledge and tools to monitor the foam’s expansion, ensuring that the concrete is lifted to the desired height and level.
- Safety and insurance coverage: Concrete leveling projects involve drilling and working with specialized materials. Hiring a professional contractor helps ensure safety protocols are followed, minimizing potential risks or accidents. Additionally, reputable companies usually carry insurance coverage, providing liability protection for any unexpected issues during the project.
- Long-term results and warranty: Professional contractors stand behind their work and often provide warranties or guarantees for the leveling services they offer. This can give you peace of mind, knowing that any potential issues will be addressed and resolved.